Amazon is getting rid of Amazon aStore product by October 27th 2017. After this date, the Amazon associates will not have the ability to earn money online from their aStore pages. Once the aStore product is retired, the aStore pages will no longer be accessible and the links to these pages will redirect to amazon.com. If the aStore page was embedded in a page, the amazon.com link would be shown in place of the aStore.
aStore Feature Retirement Timeline:
(July 14, 2017) – Create new aStores
* Creating new aStores
* Duplicating new aStores from existing
Edit existing aStores (August 11, 2017)
* Editing existing aStores
* aStore ‘Invalid Product Check’ feature
Complete retirement of aStores (October 27, 2017)
* Access to the aStore Product page from Associate Central
* aStore report options from ‘Link-Type Reports’
* All aStore pages redirect (or displays a link) to amazon.com
1. Product Links – Link to specific products on amazon.com and display information about that product. You can build customized text links, text and image links, and image only links to Amazon products. Text + Image product links are a great option for displaying a curated list of products. They can be ingested into a page with a modest development effort. These pages would need to be hosted by you.
Site Stripe – The quickest and easiest way to link to any page on Amazon is to use your Associates SiteStripe. The SiteStripe toolbar will appear at the top of every page you visit on Amazon if you are logged in to Amazon using your same Amazon account as you use for Associates. To build a link to a page with the SiteStripe, simply go to the page you want on Amazon and click the ‘Get Link: Text’ button on the SiteStripe. It’s that simple.
Native Shopping Ads – Custom ad type of Native Shopping Ads can be used to easily create a custom curated list of handpicked products without much programming effort. The ad unit is managed through configuration on Associates Central. You can easily ingest the ad unit into their product centric pages with relevant content. More than one unit can be ingested on a page as well, if required. Native Shopping Ads are mobile friendly and render seamlessly across devices and screen sizes. Unlike aStore pages, which are hosted by Amazon, the pages that have Native Shopping Ads integrated will be hosted by you, and you will have complete control of optimizing the pages for search engine friendliness.
WordPress Plugin – The WordPress Plugin for Amazon can quickly add Amazon product links to your WordPress posts and pages. The product links can be simple text links, thumbnail images, full-size images, complex templates or full-blown Amazon flash widgets